Along with the fresh start of a New Year often comes resolutions, and one of our favorite goals in 2023 is to travel more! Thankfully, there are so many fun and unique things to do in Flagler Beach during any getaway to Florida. Whether your idea of a trip to the Atlantic Coast involves leisurely walks on the beach and setting up by the pool or hiking in the beautiful tropical forests and kayaking along the Intracoastal waterways—you’ll find it all in Flagler Beach.
There are so many things to do in Flagler Beach geared toward adventure, but slowing down and taking it easy is highly recommended and encouraged. It is a sleepy, mellow surf town, after all! And that’s where our Flagler Beach Hotel comes in; you’ll be in an ideal location to head out and explore, but you’ll have everything you need on-site to relax and rejuvenate. If doing nothing is your idea of a Florida getaway, there’s no judgment here. Get those 2023 travel plans on the books and reserve your room at ICI today!
Unique Things to do in Flagler Beach this Year
There’s nothing cookie-cutter about a trip to the Flagler Beach area—quirky art and surf shops, lovely cafes and elegant coastal dining, and beautiful parks with trails and waterways to explore. Your days can be as busy and full as you want them to be—or slip into your bathing suit, find your shades and your best floppy hat, and lounge away.
Here are the best things to do in Flagler Beach on your next getaway to Florida:
- Gamble Rogers Memorial State Park: From cheerful folk music drifting on the breeze, surfers out on the waves, and long stretches of sand to explore, spending an afternoon at this lovely Florida State Park is one of our favorite things to do in Flagler Beach.
- Betty Steflik Memorial Preserve: There are 320 acres of protected salt marsh, maritime hammock, and groupings of black mangroves to discover at this local park. The 1.8-mile route takes you along a boardwalk and trails ideal for birdwatching and appreciating the native flora and fauna.
- Equestrian Adventures of Florida: Riding horseback on these gentle giants along the golden sands and surf is an unforgettable experience with the guides at Equestrian Adventures.
- Ripple Effect Eco-Tours: These two-hour excursions set off from Marineland to explore miles of the Intracoastal waterways and marshes. Paddling in your tandem kayak is one of the best things to do in Flagler Beach for an up-close view of the unique coastal landscape.
- Marineland Dolphin Adventures: If swimming with the dolphins has always been on your bucket list, it’s time to cross it off your list on your next getaway to Florida. Located under 30 minutes up the Palm Coast from our Inn, you’ll find multiple ways to interact with the local marine life.
- Downtown Flagler Beach Farmer’s Market: Every Saturday in downtown Flagler Beach, you’ll find a lovely selection of local vendors offering handmade goods and crafts, fresh produce, and souvenirs. This is also a great time to check out the funky surf shops and art galleries.
- Dining out at Flagler Beach restaurants and cafes: Our fine selection of restaurants in the area makes dining out one of the best things to do in Flagler Beach during your stay. For a list of our top five, read our blog here!
- Head to Ocean Bliss Day Spa: For a day of self-care, head to this Flagler Beach spa. They offer a menu of packages offering hours of well-deserved pampering and much-needed relaxation.
One of the Best Flagler Beach Hotels for 2023
As a guest at ICI, many of the best things to do in Flagler Beach are right on-site at one of the best oceanfront Flagler Beach hotels. We have cruiser bikes for you to borrow if you’re up for exploring on two wheels. For those who want to stay close to home, our pristine pool area is the ideal place to lounge in the sun, read a good book, and take a dip in the cool water. Pop just across the way from our hotel in Flagler Beach, and you’ll be on one of the most beautiful golden sandy beaches with calm surf and gentle waves (we also offer towels, chairs, and umbrellas to borrow during your stay!)
On your getaway to Florida, you deserve a beautiful space to make your home away from home. That’s how we genuinely unwind and destress. As a guest at one of the best Flagler Beach Hotels, your surroundings are crisp and clean inside to match the natural beauty outside. Our eight guest rooms offer pleasant seating areas, elegantly designed and appointed en suite bathrooms, and uber-comfortable beds for restful nights of sleep—that’s what vacation is all about.
As you start filling your itinerary with all the great things to do in Flagler Beach, make sure your lodging is the best of the best. You’ll quickly see that our welcoming and professional service sets us apart from other Flagler Beach hotels in the area. Book your room and start planning your next getaway to Florida at Island Cottage Inn today!