You won’t see any big chain restaurants once you cross the bridge into our cozy, beachfront town. Our locally-owned Flagler Beach Restaurants are known for seaside dining with fresh ingredients and innovative menus. This sleepy little surf town is all about supporting small businesses. We love to send our guests to these family-owned operations where you can taste and feel the love and care that goes into each and every menu item.
These Flagler Beach restaurants are all within a quick drive or bike ride (borrow one of our adorable cruisers!) from the Island Cottage Inn—a premier Flagler Beach boutique hotel. One of our favorites, the High Tides at Snack Jack, is just a leisurely stroll down the sandy beach. You’ll love the casual atmosphere in this area: flip flops, flower shirts, and flowy beachwear; there’s no need to pack anything else. It’s as laid back as it is beautiful, with stunning sunsets, golden sands, and glittering water. Soak up the chill vibe and take in these scenes with a cocktail in hand at the best Flagler Beach restaurants.
The Five Best Flagler Beach Restaurants
Exploring the delicious dining options in a new place is one of the best parts of vacation, and our Flagler Beach restaurants are no exception. We can’t recommend these locally-owned and operated eateries more!
Here are five of our top Flagler Beach restaurants to visit during your stay:
- High Tides at Snack Jack: You’ll find casual beachfront dining at its best here, considering this oceanfront spot has been serving up conch fritters, wild-caught ahi tuna Reubens, and crab cakes since 1947. They’ve got the funky surf town vibe down to a tee, but the food is always fresh and delicious as well. Enjoy the stunning views of the bright blue ocean from the screened-in porch—an ideal spot for a refreshing beer and impressive chilled seafood platters.
- Vessel Sandwich Co.: Locally owned by a husband and wife dream team, this duo is applauded for their scratch-made soups and sandwiches, fun beer cocktails, and thoughtful wine list. Don’t miss the shrimp roll and the pork belly Bahn mi sandwich. The cafe is open Monday to Friday for lunch with indoor and outdoor seating options.
- FARO Beachside Eatery: This is one of the best Flagler Beach restaurants for modern Italian dishes with handmade pizzas, fresh pasta, and lovely charcuterie spreads. Conveniently located off the A1A, you’ll love the beachy views from the patio with plenty of palms and perfect people-watching. Inside, belly up to the sleek bar top for a creative selection of spritz, draft beers, and wine by the glass. Head here for happy hour from 2 to 5 pm on weekdays.
- SunBros Cafe: The motto at this local cafe is “life begins with coffee,” and we couldn’t agree more. This family-owned spot is open for breakfast and lunch seven days a week. They’re consistently voted for having the best burger in Flagler Beach but are also known for their fresh salads, pastries, and breakfast sandwiches.
- The Island Grille: Tucked in one of the quirky vintage motels, there is more than meets the eye at this longtime local joint. For those seeking a romantic, fine dining experience, this is an excellent spot for creative takes on fresh seafood dishes and vegetarian fare. The wasabi oysters are a must! Be sure to make a reservation in advance or allow us to assist you.
Each morning of your stay, you’ll be treated to freshly brewed coffee from Bent Tree Roasters and an elegant continental breakfast in the cafe. We like to keep it simple with crunchy granola, creamy yogurt, fresh fruit, and special 7-Minute boiled eggs. And, of course, our soon-to-be-famous homemade banana bread and recently added gluten-free cinnamon-swirl coffee cake muffins . It’s the perfect light fare to start your day off on the right foot before lounging poolside, heading out to the beach, or biking to the nearby Flagler Beach restaurants and attractions.
Elegant Oceanfront Lodging for your Next Getaway
One of our favorite places to hang out and watch our guests gather is the beautiful outdoor deck space, equipped with palms and umbrellas for shade, ocean breezes, and sounds of the waves. It’s the ideal place to relax with a glass of wine or a picnic lunch. Retreat back to your air-conditioned suite for an afternoon siesta—each room has a Helix mattress, an award-winning brand, for restful sleep and ultimate comfort. Head here for a complete list of complimentary amenities included with your accommodations.