The best romantic getaways in Florida begin with your lodging, and the Island Cottage Inn is one of the most elegant and comfortable places to stay in Flagler Beach. Our area offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, romantic ambiance, and diverse activities, creating the ideal destination for couples seeking a memorable and intimate escape in the new year.
First, there are so many fantastic things for couples to experience in Flagler Beach! From outdoor adventures like hiking and kayaking to exploring the local arts and culinary scene. As a guest at our Flagler Beach hotel, we have classic cruiser bikes available to borrow—ride one of these beauties into town, grab a bite to eat and a cocktail, hit the beach for some cinnamon sand time, and retreat back to the Inn and relax by the pool.
Our Flagler Beach Hotel is designed with couples in mind on romantic getaways in Florida. Each of our modern and newly renovated guest rooms sets the perfect tone for reconnecting, relaxing, and relishing in each other’s company. Our comfortable suites are elegantly appointed with an architectural eye—white walls adorned with pops of color, bright wallpaper, and high-end fixtures and appointments. The setting feels fresh and new here, paired with the old-time charm of our sleepy beach town on the Florida Coast. Start planning your next vacation and book your room today!
One of the Best Places for Romantic Getaways in Florida
Flagler Beach offers a more intimate and secluded atmosphere than some more crowded tourist destinations. This means you and your partner can enjoy a peaceful and private retreat, perfect for reconnecting. While you’ll have everything you need to spend most of your time at our Flagler Beach Hotel, there’s so much to explore near the Inn. We’ll take care of your breakfast, and then there are plenty of excellent restaurants for lunch and dinner.
Here are some of our favorite things to do in Flagler Beach on your best romantic getaways in Florida:
- A Casual Day Trip: Head out on a bike ride for two with our free cruiser bikes to downtown Flagler Beach or the nearby Gamble Rogers State Park. You might even come across a group of musicians playing on the beach in honor of the folk singer for whom the park was named—a lovely addition to any of your romantic getaways in Florida.
- Sunset Horseback Ride: If you’re looking for a sunset adventure on the beach, you can book a horseback riding excursion with Equestrian Adventures of Florida. The local company offers special tours for two that can be tailored to your needs. They have even helped guests plan marriage proposals in the past! Book your ride in advance here.
- A Must-Visit Landmark: If you’re looking to explore some of the most unusual shorelines along the Atlantic coast, Washington Oaks Gardens State Park is definitely worth a visit. The beach here is famous for its distinctive coquina rock formations. Additionally, the upper park area has plenty of moss-covered oak trees that provide shade and a beautiful rose garden boasting over 150 hybrid varieties. Plan to have lunch at Ragga Surf Cafe, one of our favorite spots for a sandwich and a treat.
- Plan a Spa Visit: The best romantic getaways in Florida call for a day at the spa! During your stay in Flagler Beach, visit Ocean Bliss Day Spa to book an excellent skin service or full body massage with one of their therapists—it’s a good idea to book in advance, as they’re a popular spa destination.
- Culinary Options & Cocktails: Flagler Beach offers a great variety of dining options. However, if you’re seeking a peaceful and romantic dinner for two, the Island Grille should be on your itinerary. We also enjoy Vessel Sandwich Co, FARO Beachside Eatery, and newcomer Next Door Beach Bistro. Read our blog for a complete list of our favorite Flagler Beach restaurants.
- Shop ’til You Drop: Downtown Flagler Beach is a fantastic place to spend some quality time together on your romantic getaways in Florida. You’ll love perusing the quirky surf shops, art galleries, and boutiques for beach attire and needs.
Elegant Lodging at one of the Best Flagler Beach Hotels
While there can be an element of charm to the weathered, historic vibe you’ll find at most of the Flagler Beach Hotels, that’s not the case at Island Cottage Inn. Our freshly renovated space is tailored for a new generation of travelers. Patterns and color enhance crisp, clean architectural lines. You’ll see the care and attention to detail that went into designing each and every inch of our space. There’s a natural comfort here, that helps couples fully unwind during their romantic getaways in Florida.
For example, Suite One, pictured above, is the ideal room for honeymoons, anniversaries, and your romantic getaways in Florida. It’s one of our most spacious guest rooms with stunning ocean views from a private balcony. Luxurious amenities include a king-sized bed, seating area, in-room dining area including a wet bar, and an extra-large bathroom with a soaking tub.
In the mornings, our charming on-site cafe comes to life with delicate aromas of freshly brewed coffee and our homemade banana bread. We offer a light, continental-style breakfast—ideal for pre-swims in the pool or beach. We often host a fun happy hour with wine and music, so be sure to ask your innkeeper at check-in about the upcoming events. Start planning your romantic getaways in Florida and book your room today!