Pleasant temperatures, sunny days, and fewer crowds: the best time to visit Florida for a romantic getaway is the Spring! If a quiet, peaceful vacation is what you’re looking for, then the ultimate window of time to plan a trip is from March to May. You’ll miss the crowds of late winter and the peak heat of summer. Our mellow surf town of Flagler Beach is the perfect destination, especially for those looking to unwind and relax.
While the best time to visit Florida is based on personal preference for what you want from a getaway—Spring in Flagler Beach is such a delight! It uniquely blends natural beauty and outdoor activities with a relaxed beach town atmosphere. Spring is also a time when Floridians can breathe a sigh of relief, as hurricane season runs from June to November. There will be minimal worry that a tropical storm will delay your vacation plans!
Before you start making travel arrangements, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our Flagler Beach Hotel is one of the most elegant and serene places to stay on the Palm Coast. Our recently remodeled hotel incorporates touches of old Florida vibes with modern, clean lines and high-end amenities. From the moment you arrive, you’ll feel welcomed by our Innkeepers and staff and have that perfect homebase to relax in after exploring our beautiful beach town on the Atlantic Coast. We can’t wait to host you during the best time to visit Florida! Book your room today.
When is the Best Time to Visit Florida?
Ultimately, the best time to visit Florida depends on your preferences for weather and activities. Many visitors find that the fall and winter months balance comfortable temperatures and enjoyable outdoor experiences. However, if you enjoy the lively atmosphere of summer and don’t mind warmer temperatures, that season can also offer a fantastic vacation experience.
However, the Goldilocks season is in the Spring! And we’ll tell you why. Here are five of our favorite things to do in Flagler Beach this Spring:
- A Quiet, Private Beach: Right across the road from our Flagler Beach Hotel, you’ll cross our private walkway down to a stunning swath of cinnamon sands. Borrow our beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas and soak up the sounds of the waves hitting the shore. Spring is the best time to visit Florida if you enjoy feeling like you have this paradise (mostly) all to yourself.
- First Fridays in Flager Beach: Heading to Veterans Park in downtown Flagler on the first Friday of each month is such a great addition to any getaway. You’ll enjoy live music, fantastic shopping, and a lively atmosphere.
- Live Music at Gamble Rogers State Park: Tucked between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, this is a picturesque recreation area for hiking, fishing, and birdwatching. There’s often a collection of local folk singers jamming—a beautiful memorial to the late Florida folk singer Gamble Rogers.
- Shopping & Art in Downtown Flagler: While this is a favorite activity year-round in Flagler Beach, the best time to visit Florida offers a quiet time to explore the downtown shops, art galleries, and boutiques.
- Dining & Drinks at the Best Flagler Beach Restaurants: The fresh bounty of Spring will be highlighted during this season on your visit to the local food and drink menus at the Flagler Beach restaurants. Head to our blog to read all about our top ten Flagler Beach restaurants for dining during your romantic getaway to Florida.
The best time to visit Florida is up to you! Whenever you decide to join us at our Flagler Beach Hotel, our warm and welcoming innkeeper will be on hand to offer personalized recommendations and insider tips and make reservations if needed.
Book Our Elegant Flagler Beach Hotel this Year
As you can see from the photo above, our Flagler Beach Hotel offers a beautiful and elegant space to unwind and relax with your partner. The cool white walls, warm accent colors, and luxurious custom furnishings create an immaculate place to truly reconnect. Our nine rooms all feature award-winning Helix mattresses with 100% cotton sheets, dedicated air conditioning, flat-screen televisions, Public Goods bath products, and complimentary high-speed WiFi.
Suite One (pictured here) is also known as our Honeymoon Suite, and one of the best times to visit Florida for a honeymoon is in the Springtime! Amenities include a king-sized bed, a seating area, an in-room dining area, a wet bar, and an extra-large bathroom with a soaking tub. Time spent in this room during a romantic getaway, anniversary, or special occasion will be one of the most memorable parts of your trip.
In the mornings, we’ll treat you to a lovely continental-style breakfast with the ideal light fare for a tropical vacation. Home-made banana bread, fruit, yogurt, and granola will get you started for the day! After an adventure on the Palm Coast, head back to our Flagler Beach Hotel for a sunset walk on the golden sands, a dip in our private pool, or enjoy a glass of organic wine on the veranda. Decide when the best time to visit Florida is for you, and book your lodging today!