Nestled just to the North of Flagler Beach, there are so many fantastic things to do in Palm Coast, Florida—a charming beachside town with beautiful parks, delicious dining options, and outdoor adventures. While Palm Coast is one of Florida’s newest cities—the area wasn’t incorporated until 1999—you’ll find the allure of old Florida here, in the quiet surfside vibe, old towering oaks and wild palms, and pristine sandy beaches.
Our Flagler Beach Bed and Breakfast is the best place to stay for exploring all of the things to do in Palm Coast. Wake to peek-a-boo views of the Atlantic or our tropical gardens, take a dip in our secluded pool, or head to the cafe for light morning fare and freshly brewed coffee. Set out for your day full of beach adventures, hiking excursions, or leisurely lunches—either way, your calm, and quiet guest suite will be awaiting your return for your midafternoon siesta.
The Best Things to do in Palm Coast, Florida
All of the best things to do in Palm Coast are just about 20 minutes from our Flagler Beach Bed and Breakfast. Take the scenic route up N. Ocean Shore Blvd (also known as the A1A Scenic and Historic Coastal Byway) and take in the beautiful views of the sparkling blue ocean and cinnamon sands along the way.
Here are the best things to do in Palm Coast, FL, during your stay:
- Palm Coast Waterfront Park: This 20-acre park sits on the shores of the Intracoastal Waterway with well-maintained and paved trails winding along the shoreline. Keep your eyes open for manatees and dolphins.
- Washington Oaks Garden State Park: Visting this lush park is by far one of the best things to do in Palm Coast, FL. Be sure to tour the beautiful gardens, sit under the ancient moss-covered oak tree, and hit the beaches with unique coquina rock formations.
- Princess Place Preserve: For a glimpse of old Florida in its natural glory, this 1,500-acre preserve is a tranquil spot for a stroll under the moss-draped trees. Trivia tidbit: Princess Place is home to the first ever inground Florida swimming pool.
- Grab Lunch at Ragga Surf Cafe: One of the best Palm Coast restaurants is actually an adorable blue school bus turned casual cafe. Head here for lunch after exploring Washington Oaks or Princess Place for a picnic-style meal with house-made treats and ice cream.
- Horseback Riding on the Beach: Equestrian Adventures of Florida is the expert when it comes to low-tide beach tours on horseback. Their gentle and docile horses are trained to host riders of any skill level and experience.
- Sea Turtle Hospital: For a memorable and educational tour in Palm Coast, head to this University of Florida outpost dedicated to protecting and conserving our sea turtle population. On a behind-the-scenes hour tour at the hospital, you’ll see the day-to-day activities of caring for these marine reptiles.
- Hit the Waves: Surfing is a favorite pastime for locals and visitors alike in this quiet beachside town. You may even catch one of the yearly surf competitions.
- Island Cottage Inn Picnic Package: As a guest at our Inn, you’ll have the chance to experience one of the best things to do in Palm Coast right on our private beach. We’ve partnered with Seaside Social & Co. for a romantic picnic package—a luxury pop-up picnic for two under an umbrella with comfy pillows, elegant tableware, and delicious nibbles and treats.
One of the Best Places to Stay in Palm Coast, FL
When planning your trip to Florida, one of the ultimate things to do in Palm Coast is to stay at our Flagler Beach Bed and Breakfast. Our elegantly designed guest suites and shared spaces are all tailored for relaxation—the bright white, clean lines, and modern touches create an atmosphere ideal for destressing. Our location on the oceanfront puts you on the edge of our sleepy little beach town, but nearby enough action if you’re looking for it.