The beautiful beaches of Florida are calling your name! And our charming Flagler Beach Hotel, located between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach, is the perfect place to spend some time relaxing, destressing, and taking that much-deserved break away from the world. While you’re here, there are several things to do in Flagler Beach and the surrounding areas that will keep you as busy as you want to be. At the heart of it all is a stay at our romantic oceanfront hotel.
Flagler Beach is a charming small town on the Florida Coast, located near the cities of Palm Coast, Daytona Beach, and historic St. Augustine. It’s a unique seaside community reflective of “Old Florida” and the perfect destination for romantic getaways, anniversary trips, and couples’ vacations. Apart from the romantic ambiance of our Flagler Beach hotel, the main draw here is the many miles of pristine sandy beaches. Apart from that, you’ll find a quaint small town filled with interesting shops, local art, delicious restaurants, and plenty of things to do in Flagler Beach and beyond.
Our Inn offers eight guest rooms, all freshly renovated, and is nestled in its own private oasis minutes from downtown Flagler Beach. You won’t find loud, busy crowds here—instead, you’ll find a quiet oceanfront escape and a comfortable space to make your home away from home.
The Best Things to do in Flagler Beach
This scenic stretch of Florida’s coast truly is an incredible destination. One visit here, and you’ll be left wondering when you can visit again. Our private oasis will most certainly become your happy place. You don’t need to venture far to enjoy all of the fun things to do in Flagler Beach, but when you do feel like exploring, there’s plenty to choose from!
Here are 10 of our favorite things to do in Flagler Beach and the surrounding areas.
- It should come as no surprise, but spending a day on our beautiful beach is at the very top of our list of things to do in Flagler Beach. Our private beach is located just across the street and is accessible via our personal gated walkover. Better yet, book our picnic package from Seaside Social Co. and soak up the view from a comfy pillow in the shade of your umbrella with treats and wine.
- Borrow one of our complimentary bikes and cruise over to Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area—a great place to swim and play in the ocean, fish, walk, bike ride, and you might even catch a jam session by some local musicians.
- One of the most classic things to do in Flagler Beach is a stroll on the iconic downtown beach. It’s a wonderful place to sit, watch the surfers navigating the waves, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Florida coastline.
- For more fantastic photo ops, take the scenic drive along the A1A Scenic & Historic Coastal Byway, a historic portion of Florida’s coast. Along the way, there are plenty of golden sandy beaches to explore, great recreational adventures, and quite a bit of history to learn, which should include stopping in St. Augustine, the nation’s oldest city.
- Grab lunch at Vessel Sandwich Co. for scratch-made soups and sandwiches, fun beer cocktails, and a thoughtful wine list. Don’t miss the shrimp roll and the pork belly Bahn mi sandwich. The cafe is open Monday to Friday for lunch with indoor and outdoor seating options. Check out our top five restaurants in Flagler Beach here.
- If you want to spend a day wandering through Florida’s diverse coastal habitats, head to Betty Steflik Memorial Preserve. The preserve is home to more than 200 acres of mangrove marsh, mudflats, and coastal uplands and features a delightful network of boardwalk trails spanning about two miles.
- Paddling through the Tomoka Marsh Aquatic Preserve is like floating in another world entirely. This is where the waters from palm-lined subtropical rivers mix with the salt marshes, thus providing the perfect habit for native plant and animal life. Keep your eyes peeled for the various birds that call this preserve home.
- One of the best things to do in Flagler Beach is to explore the coquina rock formations and stunning gardens at Washington Oaks Gardens State Park.
- Book an appointment with the self-care professionals at Ocean Bliss Day Spa. We partner with them to offer some fantastic package deals but reserve these ASAP as they tend to fill up quickly each month.
- Take a romantic horseback ride on the beach, and check something off your bucket list. You’ll have the best views of the beautiful Florida landscape from on high aboard these gentle guides.
Your Ideal Beachfront Getaway Awaits
Whether you choose to do nothing but relax poolside or spend time on our private beach, this is the place to do it! Of all the things to do in Flagler Beach, having a rejuvenating stay should be your top priority. We offer complimentary beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas to make your stay stress-free, and each of our eight elegant suites will satisfy your need for peace and quiet. Our rooms are all equipped with high-end amenities, crisp white linens, and lovely en suite bathrooms.
Join us in the cafe each morning for light continental breakfast fare and a special Friday happy hour with wine, cheese plates, and music—perfect before heading out to dinner in downtown Flagler. Start planning your next getaway filled with all of the best things to do in Flagler Beach; we’ll be awaiting your arrival at ICI.